Bin hire is an effective way of getting rid of a lot of trash relatively easily and inexpensively. But in actual fact, the amount you pay for a skip differ greatly according to the company that you’re using, council rates and a few other things. This means that you can potentially save a lot of money if you do your homework and follow a few steps:
- Make sure you have enough rubbish before you hire a bin because you want to make the most of the hire. If it’s urgent that you clean up the place but don’t have a skip bin full of rubbish, encourage friends or family to dump off some just as well so you get the most out of it. The skip hire company won’t often discount you if you didn’t fill up the bin.
- Make sure you’re clear on what kinds of products can be disposed of in the skip bin. Some materials such as electrical goods might incur additional fees and you can probably dispose of them elsewhere for cheaper.
- Get as many quotes as you can from various providers in your area. A lot of the time you’ll be able to get a quick quote either online or by giving them a call. Obviously, you want to go with the cheapest, but make sure the turnaround times suit you too.
- Arrange the booking as early as possible because some companies might charge more for urgent services.
- Check the prices of different bin sizes because you’ll notice that sometimes the prices are relatively cheaper and more economical for a larger skip bin.
- If this means you have ordered a skip that is much bigger than what you need, why not go halves with someone else – a neighbour for instance? It’s going to save you money and probably encourage your neighbours to clean up their properties – a win-win for you!
- Make sure you’re aware of the weight restrictions because the company might charge you additional fees for exceeding the weight limit.
Keep in mind that there are council fees for having a skip bin out on the road. If you don’t have space on your property you should strongly consider making space by moving things around – whatever it takes to avoid those charges. For more information about bin hire services in Melbourne click here.